[Commotion-dev] MITRE SPAN project: olsrd on Android

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Oct 12 21:20:47 UTC 2012

I wasn't involved in the choice of olsrd for Commotion, but I can throw my own opinion in :

olsrd was created in 2004, so its hardly reinventing the wheel.  olsrd is what runs large (1000 node) meshes in places like Vienna with funkfeuer, and a lot of other cities.

Can you expand more on the meshing that you worked on?  We're always interested in hearing more real world experience.  How would you make meshing work on phones without using adhoc mode wifi?

.hc