[Commotion-dev] ad-hoc in android

Jeremy Lakeman Jeremy.Lakeman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 02:15:09 UTC 2012

Political structure;
A wiki, a git repo (+gerrit?), a mailing list... github can handle
most of that. I figure most projects that want to use it would
contribute to its development. Other than that I don't really care.

Main activity with;
- handset type detection
- automated check for existing test results on wiki
- serval-ish auto detection for finding and loading wifi modules
- testing process
- upload results to wiki

List of adhoc profile's & settings editing
3rd party apps should be able to pre-load a default config, but let
the user choose which profile they want to use with that application.

Android service that you can call from 3rd party apps for various actions;
- Add profile [SSID, BSSID, IP, channel, ...]
- Start profile
- Start scan, [if possible]

Sticky broadcast with current wifi network details [as above, +interface name]

And importantly, an automated testing process we can each run with the
various physical handsets we have available as part of accepting code
changes.

And if we can separate that out, Serval wouldn't need root for
anything since we relay payloads from user-space and don't touch the
routing table.