[Commotion-dev] Fwd: MeshTether

Teco Boot teco at inf-net.nl
Wed Sep 19 15:39:00 UTC 2012

 - now on list -

Op 19 sep. 2012, om 17:09 heeft Hans-Christoph Steiner het volgende geschreven:

> Hey Teco,
>
> For the first phase of MeshTether dev, we worked on getting it fully
> working working on some devices.  I worked with HTC devices and a
> Motorola Droid/Milestone, and those all work every time for me now.  The
> next phase of the development will focus on getting it working on as
> many devices as possible.
Did you test with 4.x?
It seems harder on newer stuff.

> The next step to getting the Wolfgang AT-AS28D working is figuring out
> first what the problem is.  You can get a lot of info from the Info tab.
> The easiest way to check whether adhoc got setup correctly is to
> compare the "wifi settings".  The first block of settings is what the
> app is trying to set,
This looks fine.
"ahr"
(my BSSID)
(my IP address)
(my subnet)

(my DNS, 8.8.8.8)
(olsrd.conf path)

> the second block is what was read from the wifi
> driver.
Then, the wifi info:
SSID: null
BSSID: null
ip: 0.0.0.0
MAC: (ok)
speed 0 Mbps
RSSI: -200dBm
(last two for last node? entries for all neighbors?)

> If they are not the same, that means adhoc setup failed.
Or joining the network failed. It sends beacons with something that looks OK. Maybe if stayed down, because there is no peer station.
I'll test more, with focus on the beacon and probe messages. It looks like wrong formatted and ignored by my other nodes.

Can I assume you tested with phones and OpenWRT boxes?

> Which BSSID field is numeric only?  I can type numbers and letters into
> the BSSID field in the Settings just fine on my phone.
I used cut&paste.
I have a numeric keyboard, with greyed alfa (ABC on 2, DEF on 3, etc).
I can use some special characters, for dailing.

Teco