[Commotion-dev] MeshTether - BSSID field nummeric

Teco Boot teco at inf-net.nl
Wed Sep 19 17:07:13 UTC 2012

I splitted the threat.

Op 19 sep. 2012, om 17:53 heeft Hans-Christoph Steiner het volgende geschreven:

>>> Which BSSID field is numeric only?  I can type numbers and letters into
>>> the BSSID field in the Settings just fine on my phone.
>> I used cut&paste.
>> I have a numeric keyboard, with greyed alfa (ABC on 2, DEF on 3, etc).
>> I can use some special characters, for dailing.
>
> Which phone is this?  This is the Wolfgang one?
Wolfgang AT AS28D.
Android 2.3.5
Mentioned before: it is just to check how cheap a smartphone can be.

> Can you switch to a querty keyboard?
(I'm still a IOS user...)
I press on the input field. I only get the cut & paste guidance.

> I've never seen a T-9 touchscreen keyboard on Android.
> The BSSID is setup to use a custom DigitsKeyListener that includes more
> characters:
>
> editText.setKeyListener(DigitsKeyListener.getInstance("0123456789ABCDEFabcdef:-."));
>
> I guess your keyboard just sees DigitsKeyListener and disables the all
> the letters.  As a workaround for now, you can make profile files with a
> text editor on your computer, and put them on your SD card.
If I had an SD card... I use G Drive for file exchange.
I'll get one for testing.

I tried on Galaxy S3, 4.0.4. Also numeric only.

> https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/wiki/Profiles_for_MeshTether

I'll check that also. Not today.

Teco