[Commotion-dev] Commotion Android UI Testing

Andrew Reynolds andrew at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Sep 27 17:22:44 UTC 2012

On 09/27/2012 12:34 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Overall, I think it looks good, and I'm excited to hear about the
> results.  To follow up on Dave's comments, I think it would be good to
> add more tests to it, something along the lines of:
>
> * can the user just start meshtether, and click the "go" button, and
> start using the mesh?
> * how confusing is the long startup time? (I guess I assume its a bit
> confusing and could be better represented).

Sure. I see these as an extension of the mesh startup task. It's exactly
the kind of thing I was thinking of when I mentioned having the user
think out loud, but definitely worth adding to the list of questions if
only to confirm.

> * how can the user determine if the mesh is not working?
> * what kind of things do they try to do if the mesh isn't working?
> * how does the user try troubleshooting?

Any thoughts on how to do this in a scripted environment without making
the procedure too cumbersome?

Maybe stocking two phones, one working and one slightly misconfigured?

-andrew