[Commotion-dev] Commotion Android UI Testing

Andrew Reynolds andrew at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Sep 27 17:35:10 UTC 2012

On 09/27/2012 01:28 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On 09/27/2012 01:22 PM, Andrew Reynolds wrote:
>> On 09/27/2012 12:34 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> * how can the user determine if the mesh is not working?
>>> * what kind of things do they try to do if the mesh isn't working?
>>> * how does the user try troubleshooting?
>>
>> Any thoughts on how to do this in a scripted environment without making
>> the procedure too cumbersome?
>>
>> Maybe stocking two phones, one working and one slightly misconfigured?
>
> Yeah, the tricky part will be reproducing the non-working states.  If
> there was just a single mesh node for a test mesh, and it was far away
> so it had a spotty signal, that might work in this situation.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how much room we're going to have at the
Summit. It might be tough to reduce signal strength enough while keeping
the test easy for one person to run.

Would it be too advanced to have one phone on its own network so that
the problem is that it's not joining the "friend's" existing network?

-andrew