[Commotion-dev] Android stick-PCs as a potential Commotion/FreedomBox/OpenWRT platform?

Paul Gardner-Stephen paul at servalproject.org
Wed Apr 24 23:48:06 UTC 2013

Hello,

The question of ad-hoc mode remains unanswered on the MK808B that we have
here.
As mentioned, it should be possible with some work, due to the use of a
broadcom 4330 chipset.
It is a public holiday here, so I can't try getting ad-hoc on it right now.

However, as I mentioned, I think a good longer-term strategy would be to
work with one of the suppliers to make one using an atheros wi-fi chipset,
so that we have the same happy goodness as on many of the OpenWRT devices
-- but at the attractive price-point of these stick PCs.

Also, getting power consumption down to ~1W makes a big difference for
rechargeable/solar deployments, which I think will be important for both
Commotion and Serval.

Paul.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Hans of Guardian <hans at guardianproject.info