[Commotion-dev] Setting masq & MTU values correctly with OLSRd SmartGateway

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Mon Aug 5 16:36:05 UTC 2013

Sorry for error.  The iptables rule mentioned above to clamp MTU=1480 for
traffic leaving the mesh zone on the gateway node is incorrect.

OpenWRT deploys a rather convoluted firewall by default, and the iptables
chain "FORWARD" suggested in OLSRd README is not the right chain.  I think
a correct chain is zone_wan (although maybe zone_mesh_forward)?  Certainly,
anyone with better familiarity with OpenWRT iptables convention do please
chime in.

# Clamp all traffic leaving to MTU of OLSRd tunnel MTU
iptables -A zone_wan -o eth0 -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS
--set-mss 1480

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net