[Commotion-dev] Nature of Commotion download links on website?

Ben West me at benwest.name
Sun Aug 25 17:33:51 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I'm checking back in on this thread to confirm the nightly build bot for
Commotion-OpenWRT is no longer running.  (Or never was?)

A gentleman asking me about problems he's been having using images dated
8/23/13 had me a bit confused, since the latest stable images are still
dated 5/24/13.  I think he had been trying to build his own firmware, hence
the recent date.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Dan Staples <
danstaples at opentechinstitute.org> wrote:

> The links in the Stable section should be pretty static until we hit a
> new release, at which time they will change. We don't have the nightly
> builds occurring at the moment, however.
>
> On Wed 12 Jun 2013 04:27:22 PM EDT, Preston Rhea wrote:
> > Some folks are interested in adding direct download links in the user
> > documentation for installing Commotion-OpenWRT:
> >
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/wiki/Stock_Ubiquiti_Install_Guide
> >
> > Are the links that show up on the download page always the same, or do
> > they change with every nightly build or new stable release?
> >
> > I'm looking especially at the portion of, say,
> >
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/attachments/download/357/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-bullet-m-squashfs-factory.bin
> > that is /download/***/openwrt.... does that change with every new code
> > push?
> >
> > --
> > Preston Rhea
> > Program Associate, Open Technology Institute
> > New America Foundation
> > +1-202-570-9770
> > Twitter: @prestonrhea

> Dan Staples