[Commotion-dev] OLSRd plugin for service discovery

Christian Huldt christian at solvare.se
Mon Feb 11 22:15:51 UTC 2013

Well, the main point is that some local information is more interesting
in the local neighbourhood.

My first (in some kind of ordering, probably chronological) idea was an
old museum with thick stone walls (namely the Swedish national museum
with paintings and sculptures), and one access point per room with a
small webserver - advertised by avahi with att TTL of zero hops - with
information of the pieces in that particular room.

And then - out of annoyance with the seemingly weak community spirit
around here - I was thinking of a mesh along some street with lots of
tourists payed for by local shop owners hosting their own access point
with some presentation/hours/offers advertised by some rather low TTL

I think there are quite a few areas where local information has a
certain quality, that's why I tried to propose a "radius of interest"
parameter to rss version <something> back in the day... (because I would
love to zoom into Paris before going there and see local shows,
happenings, whatever the week before I go there (went to Amsterdam in
the 80's just to find that I missed a Burning Spear concert by one day
just because I didn't see the poster in time)