[Commotion-dev] How will servald be implemented in Commotion?

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Feb 19 03:40:14 UTC 2013

The servald daemon will be included and turned on by default on
Commotion DR1. The primary use for it is in the service advertisement
and discovery component of Commotion, and for that it only really uses
the Serval cryptographic functions and keyring. But it will have all of
the regular Serval functionality available as well, such as Rhizome and
Voice-over-mesh protocol (VoMP).

More specifically, the servald daemon will run as a standalone process,
and the Serval shared library will be available for other Commotion
processes to use. I hope this is clear enough; let me know if you have
any other questions about it!

cheers,
Dan

--