[Commotion-dev] olsrd plugin config for GNU/Linux and Mac OS X

Teco Boot teco at inf-net.nl
Tue Feb 19 18:21:59 UTC 2013

The dyn_gw plugin is for Internet border routers. Limitation for Android/Linux looks OK to me. Or would iMac/macBook act as gateway? (run Linux in virtual box…)

The (extended) SmartGateway is far more important. 0.6.6 can set up multiple tunnels, where for new connections the best gateway is pinpointed. Moving nodes keep the selected gateway for existing connections. Does ipip tunnels work on OSX? (hmm, typing on Macbook, few meters from my Linux olsrd gateway _with WiFi AP_, no time to verify...).

We have built the PUD plugin for position update distribution. It distributes dynamic (GPS) positions and ID (type&ID) field in compact messages. DNS names is one of the supported ID types. An extended version could update name server resolve cache.

On p2pd, I use the lo interface for forwarding local host multicast/broadcast packages. Tested on Android only, with BMF. It should work on p2pd and mdns also.

On dynamic config: when I need such, I usually use a start script that copies template to a /var/run (or whatever rw folder) and update it as needed before starting the daemon.

Teco

Op 19 feb. 2013, om 17:32 heeft Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at guardianproject.info> het volgende geschreven: