[Commotion-dev] commotiond daemon

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Mon Feb 25 16:14:44 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I just posted the initial framework for the embedded daemon and library
I've been writing. It's called commotiond, and you can find it on my github:

https://github.com/jheretic/commotiond

It doesn't do a whole lot right now and I'm rapidly adding to it, but
the idea is that it is an event-driven socket server that manages
configuration profiles and settings for connecting to a wide variety of
different networks, and will replace in the imminent DR1 release the set
of bash libraries and scripts that currently comprise most of
Commotion's automation and configuration functionality on the OpenWRT
platform. Eventually, I hope that it will support a unified and
comprehensive API for managing community wireless mesh networks. What's
in github right now is just the initial socket server, client, and
supporting library themselves, which include a variety of tools for
managing profiles, network sockets, and processes, but the actual
commands bringing it together are still being created. I think it's
pretty cleanly written, but I'll be posting a bunch of Doxygen docs for
it as well over the next day.
--
Josh King