[Commotion-dev] Ok to commit to master OpenWRT branch default root password?

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Mon Jan 21 22:34:25 UTC 2013

This is why I ask.  What is preferred method for letting users specify a
root password?

OpenWRT by default has no root password set, expecting you first telnet in
to set the password.  This doesn't seem to play nicely with the automated
configuration that the meshconfig tool tries to do.  I had thought that
compiling in a default root password into images did not change the (lack
of) security of this arrangement any all, while at least letting meshconfig
run to completion.

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net