[Commotion-dev] Problem with new DR1.1 build

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Mon Jul 1 04:10:18 UTC 2013

Hi All,

If this is helpful reference for later, I believe AA r36681 (the same
revision that predates the apparent IBSS-RSN regression mentioned in
another thread) also does not suffer the problem described by Dan below.

That is, on a newly flashed Nanostation Loco, after completing Quickstart I
am able to get a DHCP lease on its eth0 port.  Likewise, the luci admin UI
reports this information for the "plug" interface under Network ->
Interfaces:

MAC-Address: DC:9F:DB:59:C8:57
RX: 312.09 KB (2942 Pkts.)
TX: 679.13 KB (4393 Pkts.)
IPv4: 102.89.200.1/24, 192.168.1.20/24

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Dan Staples <
danstaples at opentechinstitute.org> wrote:

> I just built Commotion DR1.1 fresh from source. When running "make", I
> got an error: "WARNING: your configuration is out of sync. Please run
> make menuconfig, oldconfig or defconfig!". So I ran make menuconfig,
> then saved without making any changes.
>
> The resulting image has a problem where the plug interface takes the IP
> address of 192.168.1.20 instead of generating a 102.x.x.x address (and
> doesn't hand out DHCP leases). I am guessing this has to do with changes
> in AA since we first tagged DR1.1. I will look into this further after
> lunch, but just wanted to put it out there in case anyone else would
> care to verify.
>
> Dan
>
> --
> Dan Staples