[Commotion-dev] Example working config for olsrd_mdp?

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Jul 30 18:31:24 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Sorry if this turns out to be an unnecessary question, but could someone
share an example working config for the olsrd_mdp plugin?  It seems my
local Commotion nodes are not using the plugin.

Here is olsrd_mdp plugin's home & README:

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/olsrd/tree/release-0.6.5.4/lib/mdp
https://github.com/opentechinstitute/olsrd/blob/release-0.6.5.4/lib/mdp/README_MDP

Likewise, these are the stanzas to add to /etc/olsrd.conf or
/etc/config/olsrd, respectively.  I'm curious how these stanzas look when
correctly populated.

LoadPlugin "olsrd_mdp.so.0.1"
{
    PlParam     "sid"   "<Serval SID>"
    PlParam     "servalpath"   "<Serval Instance Path>"
}

config 'LoadPlugin'
    option 'library' 'olsrd_mdp.so.0.1'
    option 'sid' '<Serval SID>'
    option 'servalpath' '<Serval Instance Path>'

What is the current approach for creating and distributing a key to all
nodes?  I realize key distribution is assumed to be done out of band for
best security.

Thanks.

--
Ben West