[Commotion-dev] QOS, Commotion, and Tomato's

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Sun Jun 9 12:46:36 UTC 2013

As a follow-up to this, I just had a workshop participant come to me and
reiterate the importance of gateway control. In his network, he says
that it would be useful to:

a) configure whether a gateway is used at all (on/off)
b) configure a specific subset of IP addresses for gateway access

in addition to being able to limit the amount of bandwidth offered to
the mesh users from a gateway. Ryan, Andy and I talked about how this
could be accomplished and I realize that it's already technically
possible and may already even be doable from the web UI. I just wanted
to flag it specifically so that we can keep it on the top of our mind.

The other consistent theme we've heard from participants this week is
that they really want to be able to control (anticipate) how
olsrd/smartgw handle multiple gateways on the same mesh.

Ryan, Andy: Anything to add specifically related to gateway/QoS control
from what we've heard this week?

Will