[Commotion-dev] Android App on top of the olsr code

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue Jun 25 14:27:04 UTC 2013

On 06/25/2013 05:57 AM, Abhishek Panday wrote:

> If i run the app provided by you on my phone, can i use android socket
> routines for sending messages between 2 phones such that the messages
> flow through the ad-hoc network or do have to use some other routines
> which are provided by your app?

If the Commotion Android app is connected properly and completely to a
mesh, the a general IP network is available between the devices. You can
program your apps as expected over any typical IP network.

The one caveat is that the Android NetworkManager / Connectivity checks
for wifi may not behave the same as you expect, since the mesh is
enabled at a layer below the usual Android APIs for now.

Good luck!

+n