[Commotion-dev] Olsrd's jsoninfo plugin

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Jun 27 18:27:26 UTC 2013

On 06/27/2013 02:23 PM, Dan Staples wrote:
> On 06/27/2013 02:16 PM, Griffin Boyce wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>>   When attempting to call jsoninfo data, it is simply not available,
>> even after editing olsrd.conf to accept all connections.  Thoughts?  I'm
>> hoping to get it enabled and the json info used for Big Board monitoring
>> (proof-of-concept).
>>
>> ~Griffin

> Have you tried 'nc localhost 9090'? You can also check 'netstat -ltpn'
> to see if olsrd is listening on port 9090.
>
> Also keep in mind that /var/etc/olsrd.conf is dynamically generated from
> /etc/config/olsrd.

I just confirmed that if you change "option accept '127.0.0.1'" to
"option accept '0.0.0.0'" in the jsoninfo block of /etc/config/olsrd,
then restart olsrd, it will be accessible from the access point. It will
be blocked from the WAN zone, however, due to the firewall.

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute
https://commotionwireless.net