[Commotion-dev] Problem with new DR1.1 build

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Jun 27 19:58:51 UTC 2013

On 06/27/2013 02:02 PM, Jordan McCarthy wrote:
> I can confirm the presence of the initial warning message, and
> would add that it has been coming up on clean builds for at least
> the past week.  I can't say anything about the quality of the
> resulting images, unfortunately, because I don't have a router with
> me.
>
>> Jordan
>
> Jordan McCarthy Technical Program Associate | Open Technology
> Institute | New America Foundation My Public Key: 0xC08D8042 | 4A61
> 3D39 4125 127D 65EA DDC2 BFBD A2E9 C08D 8042
>
> On 06/27/2013 09:08 AM, Dan Staples wrote:
>> I just built Commotion DR1.1 fresh from source. When running
>> "make", I got an error: "WARNING: your configuration is out of
>> sync. Please run make menuconfig, oldconfig or defconfig!". So I
>> ran make menuconfig, then saved without making any changes.
>
>> The resulting image has a problem where the plug interface takes
>> the IP address of 192.168.1.20 instead of generating a 102.x.x.x
>> address (and doesn't hand out DHCP leases). I am guessing this
>> has to do with changes in AA since we first tagged DR1.1. I will
>> look into this further after lunch, but just wanted to put it out
>> there in case anyone else would care to verify.
>
>> Dan

When I pinned to the AA tagged stable release from April 24, the
problem went away. I think we should pin to this revision until we
figure out what is screwing things up:

svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/tags/attitude_adjustment_12.09/

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute
https://commotionwireless.net