[Commotion-dev] OSX Meshbook

Andrew Reynolds andrew at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Mar 14 15:41:51 UTC 2013

Hi Bradley,

I've only had time for a quick test, but here's what I see so far:
1. The logo screen in the .dmg install folder reads
commotionwireless.net v1.0. This needs to read 0.1 asap to avoid
confusion. Commotion as a project is not at a 1.0 release yet.

Once meshbook has stabilized a bit, we can begin referencing the new
feature-based releases (e.g., PR3, DR1, etc.) as well.

2. The startup messages indicate that meshbook is killing an olsrd
process, starting a new process, and joining a network, but Settings >
Status doesn't seem to jive with that. Status shows IP address: (null)
and OLSRD: (null).

3. I occasionally get a Parameter error when attempting to join
commotionwireless.net. Settings > Log is empty.

I like where it's going though. We should begin talking about
supplemental feature sets for the desktop clients, so we have a
consistent interaction across platforms.

-andrew