[Commotion-dev] Python-based testing framework across Ubuntu/Debian and Android (and maybe OSX)?

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Mar 15 19:52:20 UTC 2013

Python is great for writing tests, and runs in many places.  If the tests themselves are based on TCP/IP and jsoninfo, and written in python, then I think they'll be quite portable, and should run fine on Windows too.

The tricky part is that each platform is going to have different ways of getting things into adhoc mode.  You can do something quite similar with Android and GNU/Linux since they both use the Linux kernel, but honestly, recent versions of NetworkManager are so much better to deal with for setting up adhoc than the low level stuff.  So that means Android and GNU/Linux would be handled differently.

.hc