[Commotion-dev] nailing down the default mesh network

Teco Boot teco at inf-net.nl
Thu May 2 06:32:12 UTC 2013

I prefer WiFi channels 1, 6 or 11 as a default.

I prefer a true (pseudo-)random BSSID. Could be hash over SSID&channel.

I'm afraid there is no ideal solution for addressing. Short term: some v4 space. More fundamental: auto-generated IPv6 ULA and with support for v4 traffic. With IPv6, multi-homing with multi-path is much easier to implement (routing based on source address).

Teco

Op 1 mei 2013, om 22:17 heeft Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at guardianproject.info> het volgende geschreven: