[Commotion-dev] Non-OpenWRT Directory/Repo Structure

Andrew Reynolds andrew at opentechinstitute.org
Fri May 3 16:16:51 UTC 2013

Hans, Bradley, and anyone else working on DR1 feature ports to
non-OpenWRT platforms,

Do you have any thoughts on how we should structure Commotion feature
ports for Linux and Mac? For instance, if we wanted to pull in servald,
how should we structure the repos and install scripts relative to
commotion-mesh-applet and commotion-meshbook?

On the OpenWRT side we define a commotion feed with Makefiles for each
feature that add and build the correct branches. (See setup.sh in the
commotion-openwrt repo, which calls
https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-feed). Can we apply a
similar model here?

We kind of touched on this during the developers meeting, but I don't
think anything was decided in practical terms.

-andrew