[Commotion-dev] IP resolution problem for mesh-hopping

Preston Rhea prestonrhea at opentechinstitute.org
Thu May 16 16:50:51 UTC 2013

In the Digital Stewards class right now in Red Hook.

We're running the part of the training where they are supposed to hop
through the mesh by entering different routers' IP addresses. But,
clicking / entering other mesh IPs ALWAYS resolves to
http://101.201.110.1/ on their computers, which takes them to the same
router. This doesn't happen on my computer, I can mesh hop no problem.
No one has ethernet plugged in. Mine is Linux, theirs are Macs. We
tried it on Safari and Chrome for theirs.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

--
Preston Rhea
Program Associate, Open Technology Institute