[Commotion-dev] Automating Browser Testing

Andrew Reynolds andrew at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Apr 10 11:27:03 EDT 2014

Hi all,

We're doing a lot of manual testing for our Commotion releases these
days, including a lot of browser-based tests of the luci interfaces. For
example, we check all fields for proper input validation, make sure file
upload widgets work, check all the links, etc.

I've been looking at Selenium to try to automate some of the work. It
seems popular and integrates with Jenkins but I've never actually used it.

Have any of you used Selenium or similar products enough to favor one or
the other?

-andrew