[Commotion-dev] Apparent resolution to long-standing ath9k tx deadlock bug

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Tue Aug 12 22:55:48 EDT 2014

OpenWRT bug #13681 has been a long-standing headache for WasabiNet
firmware, presumably also for other firmwares based on recent Attitude
Adjustment (i.e. including Commotion).  Basically, the radio's tx queue
would lock up sporadically under heavy load conditions, often requiring a
reboot.

Here is my comment to the bug ticket, now closed after recent commits to
trunk:
https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/13681#comment:43

Here is an additional patch I ported to AA myself, that apparently didn't
get backported to AA by the OpenWRT dev team.
https://dev.openwrt.org/attachment/ticket/13681/301-aggregation-tx-lockup.patch

So far, all radios I've reflashed to AA r41803 with the patch above have
been solid.

--
Ben West
http://gowasabi.net