[Commotion-dev] Commotiuon Linux Installation

LScop luigi.scopelliti at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jan 4 16:39:01 UTC 2014

|Here some issues and questions after the||"Grumpy Cat" upgrade.
|

|A)I have installed the new "Grumpy Cat" on my two of my Ubiquiti
Picostation M2.

|1)I have used the sysupgrade.bin file by using the administrator
interface to upgrade the DR1.
The procedure didn't work on both devices.
2)I have installed the firmware again using FactoryInstall.bin.
Everything works now.Great!!
Is there any explanation why the procedure 1) didn't work?

|B)Commotion LINUX.
Here the OS info installed on my Linux Laptop:3.8.0-19-generic
#29-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 17 18:16:28 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

|I'm following the installing instructions in the README.txt file
As expexted I get some errors after the first command.

After the command

sudo apt-get install -f|

I get the error

|/var/lib/dpkg/info/commotion-linux-py.postinst: line 2: pip: command
not found |

|dpkg: error processing commotion-linux-py (--configure): |

|||subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 127 |

commotion-linux-py

Then,after the nxt command:

|sudo dpkg -i *.deb|

I get the error:

|Setting up commotion-linux-py (0.2-1) ... |

|/var/lib/dpkg/info/commotion-linux-py.postinst: line 2: pip: command
not found |

|dpkg: error processing commotion-linux-py (--install): |

|||subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 127

|Any suggestion?
|

|C)Mesh -IP assignement in R1"Grumpy Cat".
|

|I see new mesh-IP assignments,like,for example 100.74.84.52 for the
router,where  84 and 52 are the 2 last decimal numbers of the mac
address.In the previous it was 5.x.x.x...

|74??
|

|How this has impact on manual setting the  new  mesh IP-address on
devices like laptop,smartphone?

Thanks for your support

Luigi