[Commotion-dev] quick note on crypto UX

hello at ninabianchi.com hello at ninabianchi.com
Tue Jan 28 21:23:34 UTC 2014

Josh Breitbart + I started to do some of this work in 2011 with the Every Network Tells a Story workshop. We gathered ideas + feedback during the workshops.

I can see if I can find our notes around some of the proposed language -- I may have to dig around for a bit. Ecological metaphors seemed to resonate in general.

It would be great to pick this conversation back up in general, especially around encryption.

Conceptualizing new language (through a collaborative / participatory approach) is only one part of the process — testing the language, adapting to feedback, circulating the language in easy to digest forms, changing behavior with advanced users and introducing the material to new users... and so on.

It'd be great to see more about this on the blog as Preston mentioned.

Perhaps this can become part of the Commotion Construction Kit's future.

Nina