[Commotion-dev] ping

Joshua Besneatte besneatte at gmail.com
Tue May 27 15:12:51 EDT 2014

On 05/27/2014 11:06 AM, Dan Staples wrote:
> Some useful troubleshooting information would be to do a traceroute to a
> host on the internet from machine 2.

Der, I should have thought of that! OK, I will give that a shot and see
what I find out.

You can also check your routing
> table (route -n) to see if there is a default route, as well as checking
> olsrd's txtinfo (echo "/all" |nc localhost 2006).

only the node actually connected to the LAN shows a default route.

> If you have the smartgateway plugin on olsrd installed and running, it
> should pick up internet gateways automatically and start using them.
> Checking the output from those commands should help you figure out
> what's not working.

I am pretty sure it's installed, I will need to confirm. If I up the
debug level in the configuration file, will I find everything in
/var/log/syslog or do I need to look elsewhere?

Thanks,
Joshua (shamanon)