[Commotion-discuss] WDS configuration

LuigiScop luigi.scopelliti at fastwebnet.it
Wed Jun 5 16:43:45 UTC 2013

Hi,
I want to share more info about the test.
I used to "commotion wifi" ESSID.
The host PC (iPhone)was Wifi connected to the Client-WDS picostation.
The Adsl modem was connected to the LAN port of  POE of the second
AP-WDS Picostation.
The two picostations are installed on two balconies(50 m up from ground)
of my building .One balcony looking  North, the other one looking  West.
In this way I can distribute internet wirelessy over two areas that are
located in orthogonal directions down to the street. The distance of the
2 picostations is about  15 m each other but the RF signal has to go
through the walls of the apartment and the attenuation is significant.
If I go with my iPhone on the street I can connect the iPhone  to
Internet at a distance of about 100 m from the base of building on one
direction and 100 m on the other direction.I have created  two internet
hot spots  with only 1 Internet access.
The output power of the picostation has been set to 14 dBm because
italian regulation.This is why the distance is not so significant.
But the configuration is good for testing.
Luigi