[Commotion-discuss] Commotion installation on Linux laptop

Mikael Nordfeldth mmn at hethane.se
Wed Jun 5 20:07:15 UTC 2013

> More info about my problem.
> The Ubuntu is  rel.13.04.
>
> This is what I had done.
> After to run olsrd I tried  to connect my laptop to the Picostation
> using the mesh network commotionwireless.net.
>
> The signal is very good but no connectivity exists .

Which olsrd package are you running on the Ubuntu machine? I had
problems with pre-compiled binaries for .deb-systems (due to an
optimization option Debian adds for gcc compiling).

Can you try building olsrd yourself and see if your Ubuntu node works
then? (remember that when compiling yourself, usually binaries end up in
/usr/local instead of /usr)

--
Mikael Nordfeldth
http://blog.mmn-o.se/