[Commotion-discuss] commotion site navigation/architecture feedback

Seamus Tuohy s2e at opentechinstitute.org
Mon Jun 10 15:53:18 UTC 2013

Howdy,

See inline.

On 06/06/2013 03:15 PM, Chris Ritzo wrote:
> Good afternoon,
> Based on past information architecture work to restructure the
> commotionwireless.net site, the two proposals on this page were developed:
>
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion/wiki/CommotionWirelessIAProposal
>
> Please review these two proposed site structures and provide email
> feedback on-list prior to June 12, 2013. Implementation of a new site
> structure will proceed after that and be informed by your discussion.

Megan's
(https://docs.google.com/a/opentechinstitute.org/document/d/1Z_ezmXbtUAyH8gTSlALf1hbbZnedXFBzm-1n0vxAF-U/edit)
had many good points on flattening out the links on this page. Currently
it is very nested. I think that we can collapse many of the sections
together to give more content per click to a user.

I like a variation of the  alternative she proposed with a top header of
(about, use, develop, blog, download, report a bug).

We should add a separate press-kit accessible from the footer so that we
can control teh messaging and content used by press around Commotion.
Our press is one of my biggest headaches, so a repository with quotes,
images, FAQ's, background video, etc would be a great way to control
that message.

I don't know where we landed on how we will support application
development, but we should settle on how much support we can provide for
mesh application development and support before we put a "develop apps"
page on the top bar.

s2e