[Commotion-discuss] Website feedback from hackday on "warning" sign

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Jun 12 17:29:37 UTC 2013

@Georgia: I think trying some alternative displays of the warning label
on the download page is definitely worth trying. However, I would just
as that you clone the page and send us links to that instead of
modifying the actual download page until we've decided on any changes.

In general, I think it's better to make users feel empowered than
scared. It's already hard enough getting folks to adopt this technology.
If someone is concerned about their security, they will likely take note
of any warning labels they see, even if it isn't quite the center of
attention of the page. I think it's worth considering alterations to the
page to make the warning label lower down and/or somewhat smaller.

Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute
https://commotionwireless.net