[Commotion-discuss] DARPA wants huge Holy Grail of mobile ad hoc networks

Preston Rhea prestonrhea at opentechinstitute.org
Wed May 1 13:44:31 UTC 2013

Finally! We've found mesh's "killer app!"

Exercise for this thread: mad-libs that paragraph to show that mesh is
for anyone.

"A MANET of a thousand nodes could support an entire <noun>______ without
the need for manual network setup, management and maintenance that comes
from 'switchboard'-era communications," said <name>____,
<acronym-you-define>_____ Program
Manager. "This could provide more <noun>____ with robust services such as
jargony-noun> ______ and other
services that we have not yet imagined."

My take:

"A MANET of a thousand nodes could support an entire festival without
the need for manual network setup, management and maintenance that comes
from 'switchboard'-era communications," said Davey Gravey, SPUN
(Smooth Percussive Universal Network) Program
Manager. "This could provide more music fans with robust services such as
distributed soundboard-processing, disruptive personal brand
advertising and other
services that we have not yet imagined."