[Commotion-discuss] Hardware testing

LuigiScop luigi.scopelliti at fastwebnet.it
Sun May 5 08:25:06 UTC 2013

a) Test of one WAP based on 1 picostation.

-home server based on WAMP connected to LAN port of picostation.
I can access to the web pages from my  Iphone .
-Internet service connected to the LAN port of Picostation .
I can access Internet from my Iphone.
-I can connect my Iphone to a laptop(windows) through  the AP.

b) Test of  one ESS based on 2  WAP (2 Picostations).
I have set the two picostations separately with Quick setup.

First question:
1)When I check the available wirelelss connections by my Laptop or Iphone
I  see  :
-CommotionWifi (free).
-.Commotionwireless.net(with ad-hoc icon).If I try to connect with Iphone or
Laptop a  password is required.Which password?
The network password I set in the administration page  doesn't work.

Second question.
-Some guidelines to set the two APs in bridge/range extension
configuration(WDS..??).

Third
-Some guidelines to test the routers as ad-hoc network nodes.

Thanks.

luigi