[Commotion-discuss] Commotion Merch!

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Mon May 20 22:49:35 UTC 2013

So with the release of Commotion DR1 stable close at hand, we should
think about getting some goodies to help promote the project. Stuff
like...stickers, buttons, and t-shirts! Cliché, right? Well, my idea for
Commotion fanny packs got shot down, so whatever.

I got recommendations from some folks for places to order merch for cheap:

* Stickers: PsPrint (http://www.psprint.com/)
* Buttons: Novelty buttons (http://www.noveltybuttons.com/ ... no
really, they are legit. And I can pick them up in Baltimore.)
* T-shirts: So I know some folks, in Baltimore, that have a really nice
screen print setup, and print for local businesses. Why get T-shirts
printed by some faceless corporation, when you can just get blank
t-shirts from a faceless corporation and get them printed by your
friends? Right?

Also, unless we want our t-shirts to end up as pajama-wear (like your "I
ran in <company name>'s 2008 5k marathon!" t-shirt you got for free and
wouldn't dare wear in public), maybe we could give em snazzy designs
instead of just a boring old logo. I'm thinking of something like the
Allied Media Conference's t-shirts: https://store.alliedmedia.org/.

What do yall think?

-Dan

--