[Commotion-discuss] Mesh networks and Commotion in the New York Times

Ben West ben at gowasabi.net
Thu Nov 14 19:01:39 UTC 2013

No worries.

The mesh here in St. Louis is on the small side, compared to other
community networks mentioned in the article which are 10x larger, or more.
Also, in the past, sudden, unexpected press exposure has sometimes led to
equally sudden floods of emails and phone calls to effect of "Hey, I live
10 km away, can you put an antenna on my roof tomorrow?" or even more
sinister stuff like "You're breaking the law!"  Maybe it's just a Missouri
thing.

At any rate, I'm just glad I had to opportunity to introduce Kate to OTI,
the wifi summit, FNF, etc.  She was apparently unaware of them before
calling me.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan <aaron at lo-res.org> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2013, at 6:40 PM, Joshua Breitbart <breitbart at newamerica.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Yeah. The great strength of this article is that it mentions so many
> > different organizations and networks. It shows that this is a movement,
> > not just one project. It's too bad WasabiNet doesn't get a mention in
> > this particular article, but those who know certainly know.
>
> right, and we always have this reference in addition:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wireless_community_networks_by_region
>
> a.

Ben West
http://gowasabi.net