[Commotion-discuss] DNS Issues

Daniel Hastings dhastings at abaarsotech.org
Fri Oct 18 06:35:49 UTC 2013

I've actually found that some of open dns requests are being received and
others are not. The sites that of course I do not want to get forwarded
through Google's servers (youtube, vimeo) are getting through somehow.  I
tried change the default DNS under /tmp/resolv.conf.auto however once the
router reboots it restarts the default back to 8.8.8.8  Any help on this
would be great. Students get back to school today and having 30 or so on
youtube means our network will revert back to 56k speeds of the 90's.   Or
if anyone knows how to block https youtube using firewall rules without
blocking other Google services that would work as well.

dhastings at abaarsotech.org