[Commotion-discuss] Has anyone implemented serverless messaging over a mesh?

Evan Hutchison evan_hutchison at post.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 29 23:48:57 UTC 2013

Hi all-

I'm working with my media lab class on an off-the-grid emergency response
mesh network.  We want to integrate messaging.  I was initially
experimenting with a Jabber server but decided serverless messaging would
better solve the problem- we want to avoid centralization as much as
possible so that if one node goes down, folks can still communicate across
the LAN or WAN

I ran across a description of an XMPP-like serverless messaging system:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0174.html

Anyone have any experience or insights?

Thanks-
Evan