[Commotion-discuss] [Commotion-dev] Picostation Flash Problems

Andy Gunn andygunn at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Apr 17 09:48:16 EDT 2014

Thanks for keeping us posted on this Anderson - I haven't seen this
issue before. Anyone else on the list(s) had this issue? Devs - ever
seen this?

I am running through some upgrade testing today and tomorrow, so if this
occurs I will let you know.

On 04/16/2014 06:07 PM, Anderson Walworth wrote:

> Thanks for the input...
> I waited,  tried rebooting when it was plugged in then with it unplugged
> with no dice.
>
> I ended up powering it on with the reset button on for like 30 seconds,
> power it back off then back on and held for another 30 seconds then it
> gave me an IP yay!
>

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Ryan Gerety
> <gerety at opentechinstitute.org <mailto:gerety at opentechinstitute.org>> wrote:
>
>     I had that problem at the Eyebeam event, but I restarted the router
>     and then after a good bit of time (a minute or two, or maybe more)
>     it gave me a lease.
>

>     On Apr 16, 2014, at 4:28 PM, Anderson Walworth wrote:
>
>         I'm trying to flash a couple of  picostations with 1.1rc1
>         following instructions on the commotion site.
>         After I flash I can not for the life of me get the routers to
>         give me an IP address
>         I have my laptops set to dhcp
>         I've restarted the routers but I only get loopback address.
>
>         Anyone else experiencing this problem with the picostation and
>         1.1rc1?
>         Thanks!
>
>          Anderson
>         --
>         Allied Media Projects
>         Detroit Digital Justice Coalition

> --
> Allied Media Projects
> Detroit Digital Justice Coalition

Andy Gunn, Field Engineer
Open Technology Institute, New America Foundation
andygunn at opentechinstitute.org | 202-596-3484