[Commotion-discuss] Commotion R1 changes.RPi home Server

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Tue Jan 21 18:08:55 UTC 2014

Thanks for bringing this up, Luigi. It appears that client-to-client
routing doesn't work as it should in R1, something that we failed to
test before release. The problem is the default firewall configuration.

To fix this problem, run the following commands on the nodes in your
network:

NEW_RULE=$(uci add firewall forwarding)
uci set firewall.${NEW_RULE}.src=mesh
uci set firewall.${NEW_RULE}.dest=lan
uci commit firewall
/etc/init.d/firewall restart

That should hopefully take care of the issue you're seeing. Let us know
if that doesn't work!

Dan

p.s. permanent fix submitted here:
https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/pull/98