[Commotion-discuss] Can't get past luci admin page

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Fri Jun 13 12:13:14 EDT 2014

Hi Andrew,

These are all running DR2, right? You haven't upgraded them to version 1
yet?

The first thing that comes to mind is that it's a firewall issue. When a
Commotion router gets a DHCP lease for its ethernet interface from an
upstream router, it treats any connections over ethernet as coming from
the unsafe "wan" zone. Therefore, there is a firewall rule blocking
connections to the HTTPS admin web interface (though HTTP and SSH are
allowed).

To get around this, you could connect to the router's access point and
freely use the admin web interface, or you could, over ethernet, SSH
into the node and temporarily turn off the firewall with
`/etc/init.d/firewall stop` (or just add a firewall opening for port 443
in /etc/config/firewall and restart the firewall).

If that doesn't work, let us know!

Dan