[Commotion-discuss] Building a commotion network to support 2000 concurrent users

Paul Liu paulsc.liu at gmail.com
Sat May 10 03:30:00 EDT 2014

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your feedback. We will review our overall deployment design.

Here is some additional information. We will build a customized node. The
prototype is using a dual core ARM cpu with 2GB ram, gigabyte Ethernet as wired
backhaul. We will hookup USB WiFi dongle to service the clients.

We do plan to test wireless backhaul and probably run it on 5.8GHz radios.

Right now the design call for each node to support 30 to 50 clients. We
will try to find out what kind of usage scenario is possible. Data only?
with voice? with video? How will transfer large data affect the performance?

Cheers,
Paul

If it is necessary, we can use quad cores or 8 cores ARM CPU.