[Commotion-discuss] Initial results of installing on unsupported Routerboards

Adam Steele steeleam08 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 21:30:19 EST 2014

I've spent the evening tinkering around with Commotion and getting it
installed on Mikrotik devices other than the RB411AH (since I don't own
one).

So far I've tried the RB433, RB433AH and RB411.

No trouble with the RB433 or RB433AH. Installed and running. I've not poked
around enough to determine stability but it seems to be all there.

The RB411 was a bit harder. The issue with the device is that it only has
32MB of RAM. When trying to install the usual way it runs out of RAM during
the wget2nand process. The stock

My work around was to boot the stock OpenWRT image and wget2nand from there
with the Commotion kernel/rootfs files. Again, I've not poked around enough
to figure out if Commotion will be stable on only 32MB RAM but I'll find
out and report back.

-Adam