[Commotion-discuss] New documentation

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Mon Oct 13 11:46:45 EDT 2014

In preparation for the upcoming 1.1 final release of the router firmware
(very soon!), the folks here at OTI have added and updated a bunch of
documentation on the Commotion website. Here are some highlights:

* In the Guides and How-to's section, we have a new guide introducing
local applications
<https://commotionwireless.net/docs/guides-howtos/local-applications/>:
what they are, how they work, how to set them up to run on Commotion,
announcing them to the rest of the network, as well as a list of local
app suggestions and what apps other networks have used.
* Similarly in the Commotion Construction Kit, we have a module all
about local applications
<https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/local-applications/>. It
includes activities designed to teach the concepts behind local
applications and to evaluate where to locate an application server in
your local network.
* The 1.1 release of the Commotion router firmware will include images
for some TP-Link routers, and so we've added instructions for flashing
TP-Link routers
<https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/installing-configuring/install-tplink-router>.
* We've also updated the guide on configuring Commotion
<https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/installing-configuring/configure-commotion>,
as well as expanded and updated the common
<https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/installing-configuring/common-hardware-setups>
and advanced
<https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/installing-configuring/advanced-hardware-setups>
hardware setups.

The documentation is always a work in progress, and so feedback and
additions are most welcome. The Commotion website is built from the
commotion-docs <https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-docs>
repo on Github, so if there's some documentation or a blog post you want
to add to the website, please make a pull request!

cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Staples

Open Technology Institute
https://commotionwireless.net
OpenPGP key: http://disman.tl/pgp.asc
Fingerprint: 2480 095D 4B16 436F 35AB 7305 F670 74ED BD86 43A9