[Commotion-discuss] What self-hosted applications would you recommend?

Adam Longwill adam.longwill at metamesh.org
Thu Sep 11 11:58:52 EDT 2014

I tried to use Owncloud about 2 years ago and it was VERY difficult to set
up. They promised it was easy to do but they neglected essential steps in
the process such as setting permissions for obscure directories. Once you
got it working it would very frequently just stop syncing files midway
through and stick there even after restarts and reboots. it was terribly
frustrating because of how much they advertised themselves as an
easy-to-use product. Still, that was two years ago and they may have
changed, but if I were to use them again I would keep my eyes open for
these troublespots.