[Commotion-discuss] Atheros-based pocket router w/ 8MB flash

fotis k. fotis.k at mac.com
Fri Sep 19 06:41:05 EDT 2014

Thanks for chiming in guys,

Dan, no particular model in mind, just thought to start testing against the ath-based ones that meet the min. requirements. The one you've found looks small and caught my eye. Based on your experience, is the ubiquity standard of 8MB Flash / 32MB RAM enough for the external nodes?

Ben, thought so but I’m thinking of starting small @home (get a commotion testbed running indoors on a couple of routers, a couple of macs and a pc, and see how it works before I take it to the neighbourhood).

I wouldn’t go for anything else other than outdoor-spec (nano/bullet) for the external nodes, what bears some more research is the selection of the internal nodes to extend the mesh inside the building(s).

-Foti