[Commotion-discuss] Adding a server to mesh

Dan Staples danstaples at opentechinstitute.org
Thu Apr 9 11:05:12 EDT 2015

Hi Marina,

Are you sure you need the server to actually mesh with the rest of the nodes? It's generally easier to attach a server to a network as a client (in the 10.x.x.x subnet), since it will still be reachable by anyone on the network and there's no need to run olsrd on the server.

So my recommendation would be to attach the server to a meshing node via ethernet, and either use the IP address it gets assigned via DHCP from the node, or set a static IP address for the server through the node's web interface.

Dan