[Commotion-discuss] Utilizing SDR devices gets AROUND this issue ---> Re: Save Wifi folks trying to reach out to OTI re: FCC proceeding # 15-170

Martin O'Shield martin at windycitysdr.com
Tue Aug 11 16:12:04 EDT 2015

Hello All,

Reading the below is alarming, but I am sooooooooooooo thankful I don't
believe in limited inflexible wireless devices anymore and have been
manufacturing wideband SDR devices that can be sold as "Test & Measurement
Equipment" under the FCC Part 15 Exemption.

:-)

My SDR can be either:  400Mhz - 4.4Ghz, or 35Mhz - 4.4Ghz, or 10Mhz - 6Ghz
just by swapping out 2 chips on the board :-)
​  " Locking down a SDR " is more of a "Good Luck" wish than anything else
:-)​

Sincerely,

Martin